Options For Migrating To Australia

Options For Migrating To Australia

​We get quite a lot of enquiries from persons wanting to come to Australia. 

We are quite upfront and pragmatic about people’s prospects of getting a visa.

This is because there is no point applying for a visa that has little or no option of success.

What we try and do is have an initial one hour consultation with our client to find out a bit more about them.

Yes it is a paid not free consultation.

This is because the information and advice we provide will determine whether you should apply or not.

If you want to stay in Australia you will need to apply for and obtain the right visa.

Obtaining the right visa is the hard part of the process.

The type of visa that is right for you depends on a number of factors.

This includes how long you intend to stay, and whether you want to study, work or live here.

For example if you want to study in Australia, there are a number of student visa options. These depend on the type of study you wish to do. For example primary or secondary study, higher education, post graduate study or vocational education and training.

It is really important for student visas that not only can you obtain the visa you want. You also want to know if there is a pathway to what you ultimately wish to be employed in.

Options For Migrating To Australia

It is possible to take a working holiday in Australia still. I say this as we have seen in the past 12 months quite a few applications of this type declined. They are not an automatic and subject to the discretion of the Department.

If you are a young person aged from 18 to 30 years and want to work and holiday in Australia for up to a year, you may be eligible for what is called a Working Holiday visa.

However if you want to work full time and on a more permanent basis you will to apply for a more substantive employment visa. The commonly known Subclass 457 visa is a temporary option. Or you can come here through a range of employer sponsored visas.

You also may be able to apply for a visa to live in Australia if you have a family member in Australia. They have to be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

A range of visa options for family members include partner visas, child visas, relative visas and parent visas.

The partner visas in particular offer scope for temporary and permanent visa options for genuine couples.

Options For Migrating To Australia

Options For Migrating To Australia

Click here for more information on visa options.

Once you read through the Department’s website, call us on 9528 0235 to discuss how we can get you or your loved one here to Australia.

Paul Ippolito is Principal of Ippolito Lawyers. He is a registered migration agent MARN No 0957677 and an experienced lawyer in the area of migration law.

Related Posts

Comments are closed.