Legal Issues When Selling A Cafe
- Have You Spoken To An Accountant/ Business Broker And/ Or Business Valuer Yet?
- What Are You Actually Selling?
- The Items Actually Included As Part Of The Sale? What Is Not Included?
- Do You Have An Inventory On Hand Of Equipment You Are Selling?
- Are your Supplier Agreements in order?
- Have You Lodged Your Tax Returns?
- Are You Willing To Give The Prospective Purchaser A Trial Of The Business?
- Do You Have A Copy Of Your Lease? This is the most important of legal issues when selling a cafe as you will need your landlord’s permission.
- When Should You Let Your Landlord Know You Are Selling?
- Do You Have Written Employment Agreements In Place With Your Staff?
- When Are You Going To Tell Your Staff?
- What Service Agreements Do You Have In Place?
- Which Service Providers Will You Need To Transfer?
- What Restraint Of Trade Issues Will You Agree To?
- Is Your Liquor Licence In Order?
Call us to discuss the legal issues involved in the process of selling of your cafe.